(Spinach cooed with sweet corn kernels)
Preparation time—10 minutes Cooking time—25 minutes
- Spinach (cleaned, washed and roughly chopped)-500gm
- Sweet corn kernels(boiled)-1 cup
- Onions, chopped-½cup
- Ginger, garlic paste-2tsp
- Green chillies, chopped-2
- Red chili powder – ½tsp
- Tomato puree-½ cup
- Jeera (cumin) powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder-½ tsp
- Roasted kasoori methi powder-1tsp
- Juliennes of ginger-1tsp
- Salt-to taste
1- Blanch spinach in boiling water for a minute. Strain and refresh with cold water then puree it in a blender.
2-Heat oil in a kadhai, add onions and sauté till golden brown. Stir in ginger, garlic paste, as its start sticking to the bottom, sprinkle little water. Add green chilies and red chilli powder and stir.
3-Add spinach puree and stir to mix well. Mix in corn, tomato puree, jeera powder, garam masala, methi powder and salt and cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
4-Add half of the cream, mix it well. Remove from the fire and serve hot garnished with remaining cream and juliennes of ginger.