[A delicious Persian preparation]
Preparation time—25 minutes Cooking time—45 minutes
- Boneless mutton, cubes 500gm
- Arhar dal[split pigeon peas] 1cup
- Washed moong dal[split green gram] ¼ cup
- Masoor dal[split red lentils] ¼ cup
- Onions, sliced 2 medium
- Ginger, garlic paste 2tsp
- Fenugreek[methi]leaves, chopped ½ cup
- Mint [podina]leaves, ½ cup
- Coriander leaves chopped 2tbsp
- Curry leaves 10-12
- Pumpkin[peeled&cubed] 1cup
- Brinjal[cut into cubes] 1cup
- Potato[peeled&cubed] 1medium
- Tomato, chopped 3 medium
- Pepper corns ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Red chili powder 1tsp
- Curry powder 1tsp
- Cumin[jeera]powder 1tsp
- Coriander powder 1tsp
- Dhansak masala 1tbsp
- Sambher masala ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee 3tbsp
1-Mix all the dals, clean, wash and soak the dals for 30 minutes and drain.
2-Heat ghee in a pot, add onions and sauté till brown, add ginger, garlic paste sauté for a minute and add mutton pieces and sauté for 4-5 minutes or till lightly browned.
3-Stir in pepper corns, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dhansak powder, sambher powder, curry powder, green chilies and salt. Add dal, tomato and all the vegetables along with 6 cups of water, bring it to boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
4-Add mint leaves, methi leaves and coriander leaves, curry leaves, mix well , and cook till mutton is almost tender.
5-Remove from the fire, using slotted spoon remove the mutton pieces and set aside.
6-Put the dal mixture in a blender to mash, put back on fire along with mutton pieces and cook for another 10 minutes and serve.