Preparation time—15 minutes Cooking time—25 minutes
- Carrots, cut into cubes ½ cup
- Green peas, shelled 1/2 cup
- Cauliflower, small florets 10-12
- French beans, cut into 1’’ pieces ½ cup
- Potatoes, cut into cubes 2 medium
- Onions, chopped 1medium
- Ginger, garlic paste 2 tsp
- Tomatoes, chopped ½ cup
- Curry leaves a spring
- Coriander leaves chopped 2tsp
- Oil 2tbsp
- Salt to taste
FOR THE MASALA
- Grated fresh coconut ½ cup
- Pea nuts or poppy seeds 2tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Fennel seeds 1tsp
- Pepper corns ½ tsp
- Dry chilies 5-6
- Coriander seeds 2tsp
- Cloves 3
1-Dry roast all the masala ingredients except coconuts, cool it then grind it with coconut to fine paste using little water.
2-Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add onions and curry leaves fry till brown, stir in ginger, garlic paste and sauté till raw flavor gone, sprinkle little water, add vegetables and salt and stir cook on high flame for 6-7 minutes.
3-Add tomatoes and ground masala, mix well and cook on medium flame for another 3-4 minutes,
4-Add 2 cups of water, bring it to boil and then simmer till vegetables become tender. The consistency of the gravy should be semi-thick.
5-Adjust the seasoning, remove from the fire and serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.